Date of Release: 16/07/2015 & 30/07/2015*
ResBook's newest functionality allows users to obtain real-time currency conversion rate and apply it to their Invoices.
This functionality is applied to the following currencies:
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
- British Pounds
- Fijian Dollars (FJD)
- Samoan tālā (WST)
- Tongan paʻanga (TOP)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- United States Dollars (USD)
This applies when ResBook is set to display Invoices in a different currency aside from their default currency. To set up your invoice to display a different currency, here is how:
Log into ResBook > Settings > System Settings > Click on [Accounting and Financial]
On the Accounting and Financial screen next to 'Currency' (which is your default currency), tick the box 'use additional invoice currencies'.
There is no limit to how many currencies you can display on a single invoice, therefore you may tick off the ones you wish to use.
The following currencies can be used but does not automatically retrieve the conversion rate:
- Solomon Islands dollar (SBD)
- Vanuatu Vatu (VUV)
- Deutsche Mark (DEM)
- Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
These will need to be manually added into the Invoice conversion field (refer to Step 3).
Click on [SAVE CHANGES] at the bottom of the screen.
Go to an Invoice.
- In the highlighted box below:
- The System Currency is your default currency (eg. NZ$)
- Choose your invoice currency by clicking on the drop down box and apply it.
- The conversion rate will appear soon after you selected it. For currencies that are not automatically retrieved (as stated above), '0' will appear in the field instead and you will need to manually add the conversion rate. To obtain the current currency conversion rate, use www.xe.com.
[SAVE] the Invoice.
All details in the invoice will display in the chosen currency with the system currency in brackets beneath it.
You send an e-mail or print it in PDF for your guests:
Please note that the system currency will not appear anywhere in the invoice PDF, e-mail or e-mail attachment.
*Currency Conversion rate will show up in PDF and e-mail attachment under the Billing address.
*All Tax amounts will be calculated in with the Total amounts, and is excluded from the invoice after currency conversion is applied.
Disclaimer: Please note that whilst ResBook uses ASB bank's API to obtain real-time currency conversion rate, we strongly recommend that you cross check all rates used with a third party site such as Google or XE. ResBook does not accept any responsibility for error arising due to incorrect exchange rates.
End of Release: 30/07/2015