"Temporary bookings" are bookings that have not been directly saved into your ResBook calendar. They occur when there is interference during the credit card verification process whilst guest(s) makes a booking.
ResBook will be able to capture these booking entries and record under Bookings > Temporary List. An e-mail will also be sent to you, advising of these bookings that did not insert into your ResBook calendar.
Instances of temporary instant bookings made by the guest(s) are rare and occur due to multiple reasons such as:
- A bad connection
- Time-out errors
- A breakdown in system communication between DPS payment gateway and ResBook such as:
- if the credit card details entered is incorrect.
- if the card was not a valid card type.
- if the credit card transaction has yet to be approved by their bank.
- the customer's credit card issuing merchant bank had not immediately approved the credit card transaction and this has caused a delay in the booking being confirmed in ResBook.
These bookings, unfortunately, do not get saved in ResBook.
In the likelihood of receiving a temporary booking, then:
- Check your DPS account and see if a payment has been processed,
- Contact the customer for further information if required,
- Update the booking to the correct status accordingly in ResBook.
To update the booking, cancel the booking and [SAVE] it:
Then re-accept the canceled booking by selecting the same dropdown box and click 'New Request' and [SAVE] the booking.
ResBook users will be notified with an e-mail if Temporary Bookings have occurred in their system.