Sometimes you want to be able to offer your accommodation to customers at a lower price during different times of the year. ResBook allows you to do that through the use of Specials. Specials are created inside one of your existing Rate Periods, so there is no need to create multiple rate periods for one stock unit inside ResBook.
To create a special, go to 'Settings > Stock Configurations > Rates'. From there select one of your stock units or classification and click on it.
Once you have arrived at the rates page for a particular stock unit, click on 'Create Special'.
Once you have clicked on this, the 'Add Special Rate Period' screen will appear.
The picture above contains 7 numbered boxes. These are the steps taken to create a special. Each of the following bullet points represents one of these boxes. Follow them in numerical order:
- This is the name of the Special. Type in a name you would like to appear on the Online Booking Form.
- This is where you will enter the start date, end date and how many people the special will apply to. This is important as you can not have a special that goes beyond the end of your defined rate period.
- This is the type of special that you want to present to customers. You can choose from 3 options.
- Pay $xxx for xx nights
- Stay xx nights and pay for xx nights
- Decrease/Increase by xxx Percentage/Fixed ($) Amount
Once you have gone through all these fields, click on the [Save Special Rates] box. The special will then appear underneath the rate period in the rates screen.
Specials will then appear on the calendar as a little flame icon.